This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.3884 / 53°23'18"N
Longitude: -1.1594 / 1°9'33"W
OS Eastings: 456002
OS Northings: 388283
OS Grid: SK560882
Mapcode National: GBR NYB8.S2
Mapcode Global: WHDDV.5355
Entry Name: 79, New Road
Listing Date: 29 July 1966
Last Amended: 15 October 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1192459
English Heritage Legacy ID: 335763
Location: Firbeck, Rotherham, S81
Civil Parish: Firbeck
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Firbeck with Letwell
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
FIRBECK NEW ROAD
3/17 No 79
29.7.66 (formerly listed as
Nos 64 and 66)
Cottage. Dated 1876. For the St. Leger estate of Park Hill. Snecked dressed
limestone, C20 tile roof. T-shaped plan, single storey with attic; in Cottage
Orne style. Chamfered ashlar window surrounds with casements having lozenge-shaped
panels and diagonal glazing bars in the corners. Entrance front: 3 bays, central
gabled porch set on rustic wooden posts has scalloped bargeboard with pendant boss;
2 single-light windows on right; 3-light corner window on left. Hipped roof with
side-facing roof dormers set under the main ridge each having bargeboards carried
on shaped brackets. Central ridge stack with ashlar band and coping linked by
strips. Left return: corner windows flank a recess with date plaque bearing
St. Leger initials; dormer has 3-light window beneath shaped and pierced bargeboards
with apex finial. Lower rear wing on left has hipped roof, gablet and ridge stack.
Style matches No 64 situated opposite (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SK5600288283
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings