History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Leehouse Farmhouse and Attached Garden Wall and Troughs

A Grade II* Listed Building in Waterhouses, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0497 / 53°2'59"N

Longitude: -1.8782 / 1°52'41"W

OS Eastings: 408264

OS Northings: 350282

OS Grid: SK082502

Mapcode National: GBR 36T.S04

Mapcode Global: WHCDX.3LXV

Entry Name: Leehouse Farmhouse and Attached Garden Wall and Troughs

Listing Date: 2 May 1953

Last Amended: 17 November 1986

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1192627

English Heritage Legacy ID: 275198

Location: Waterhouses, Staffordshire Moorlands, Staffordshire, ST10

County: Staffordshire

District: Staffordshire Moorlands

Civil Parish: Waterhouses

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Waterfall St James and St Bartholomew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Cauldon

Listing Text

SK 0850-0950 WATERHOUSES C.P. WATERHOUSES

9/200 Leehouse Farmhouse and
attached garden wall
2/5/53 and troughs.(formerly
listed as Leehouse
Farmhouse

GV II*
Farmhouse. Dated R.O. 1751. Coursed and squared limestone rubble
with sandstone ashlar dressings and rusticated quoins of unequal length;
plain tile roof with coped verges; brick integral end stack. L-shaped
Plan; main range aligned east-west facing south and rear wing to the
west end aligned north-south. 3 storeys with syma recta moulded eaves
band, reduced proportions to the second floor; 3 windows, glazing bar
sashes with raised surrounds; central part-glazed door with rusticated
architrave, raised keystone and bracketed pediment containing a cheese
board carved with the royal coat of arms of Victoria. Single-storey
lean-to extension to the left of circa 1880, with 4-pane fixed-light
window in raised surround. Right-hand gable has an inserted 16-pane
glazing bar sash with raised surround. Stair window to the rear with
flat-faced transoms. Attached garden wall with ashlar coping encloses
a front garden, attached to the east side are a stone mounting block
and 2 stone troughs. Interior: dog-leg staircase with turned balusters
and moulded and ramped hand rail; kitchen fireplace in the rear wing
has panelled pilasters and bracketed lintel.


Listing NGR: SK0826450282

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.