History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stables and Coach House 30m North West of Dalham Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Dalham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2356 / 52°14'8"N

Longitude: 0.5231 / 0°31'23"E

OS Eastings: 572386

OS Northings: 262714

OS Grid: TL723627

Mapcode National: GBR PCF.T7Y

Mapcode Global: VHJGS.02WH

Entry Name: Stables and Coach House 30m North West of Dalham Hall

Listing Date: 7 May 1954

Last Amended: 26 June 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1192925

English Heritage Legacy ID: 275571

Location: Dalham, Forest Heath, Suffolk, CB8

County: Suffolk

District: Forest Heath

Civil Parish: Dalham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Dalham St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Dalham

Listing Text

TL 76 SW DALHAM DALHAM HALL

6/11 Stables & Coach
7.5.54 House 30m north
-west of Dalham
Hall
(Stabling formerly
listed with Dalham
Hall)

II


Stables and coach house. Early C18 with alterations and
extensions at either end of 1906 (date on rainwater head). 2
storeys, 9 windows; A-B-C-B-A. Red brick with reddened joints;
string course at 1st floor, coved cornice at eaves. Rusticated
quoins with raised rendered blocks. At bays 'B', slight
projection 3 windows wide, with surmounting pediment containing a
dummy circular window. Hipped plaintiled roof. Windows with
segmental arches of gauged brick having raised painted keystones;
mullioned and transomed casements, at ground floor with leaded
lights and iron casements, and at 1st floor with small-pane
casements of wood, some being painted cummies. At bays 'B', 2
doorways with doors of 6 fielded panels, divided fanlight under a
segmental arch of gauged brick; sunk pilasters and a moulded
wooden cornice on console brackets. A range of C19 or early C20
stalls along full length of stables.


Listing NGR: TL7238662714

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.