History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of All Saints

A Grade II* Listed Building in Mixbury, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0011 / 52°0'3"N

Longitude: -1.1139 / 1°6'49"W

OS Eastings: 460928

OS Northings: 233994

OS Grid: SP609339

Mapcode National: GBR 9XK.F78

Mapcode Global: VHCWK.MYZW

Entry Name: Church of All Saints

Listing Date: 7 December 1966

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1192977

English Heritage Legacy ID: 243652

Location: Mixbury, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, NN13

County: Oxfordshire

District: Cherwell

Civil Parish: Mixbury

Traditional County: Oxfordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Mixbury

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Brackley

Listing Text

MIXBURY CHURCH LANE
SP6033-6133 (South side)
10/57 Church of All Saints
07/12/66

GV II*

Church. C12 chancel and nave. C13 north aisle and west tower, 1840s rebuilding
of rest of church, including chancel arch, by George Wyatt of Oxford. Coursed
limestone rubble and squared, coursed limestone. Steeply pitched lead roofs with
stone coped gables. Nave, chancel, north aisle, vestry, south porch, west tower.
5-window range. Chancel has a 3-light geometrical east window: a pointed arched
priest's doorway on south flanked by 2-light Decorated windows and similar
windows on north. C19 Decorated style north aisle windows. Nave north has three
2-light Perpendicular clerestory windows. Nave has three restored 2-light
Decorated windows and three 2-light Perpendicular clerestory windows. Gabled
stone south porch. C12 south doorway has 2 orders of zig-zag on scalloped
capitals. West tower of 3 stages. Perpendicular with diagonal buttresses and
crenellated parapet. 2-light Perpendicular windows, louvred to bell-stage. C19
chancel has stained glass by O'Connor c.1850-60. Decorated 3 bay north arcade.
C19 roofs, pews and font. Alabaster pulpit. Brass eagle lectern.
(Buildings of England; 0xfordshire: 1974, p710; VCH; Oxfordshire: Vol VI, p260)


Listing NGR: SP6092833994

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.