This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4906 / 51°29'26"N
Longitude: -0.2355 / 0°14'7"W
OS Eastings: 522600
OS Northings: 178325
OS Grid: TQ226783
Mapcode National: GBR 9M.Z5B
Mapcode Global: VHGQX.VSWP
Entry Name: Kelmscott House
Listing Date: 17 June 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193040
English Heritage Legacy ID: 201922
Location: Hammersmith and Fulham, London, W6
District: Hammersmith and Fulham
Electoral Ward/Division: Ravenscourt Park
Built-Up Area: Hammersmith and Fulham
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Peter Hammersmith
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ 2278 UPPER MALL W6
17.6.54 No 26 (Kelmscott House)
Substantial house. Circa 1785. Brown brick. 3 storeys, basement and
dormers. 5 windows wide. Central entrance. Timber doorcase with Ionic
pilasters, entablature with pulvinated frieze and bracketed cornice.
Square headed sashed windows; glazing bars. Parapet. Dormers. Addition
to left of 2 storeys. 1 window wide. Interesting interior features.
Commemorative tablets to :- 1. Construction of first electric telegraph here
by Sir Francis Ronalds, 1816; 2. William Morris who lived here 1878-96;
3. George MacDonald, Poet and Novelist, who lived here 1867-1877.
Listing NGR: TQ2260078325
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings