This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.341 / 51°20'27"N
Longitude: -1.7772 / 1°46'37"W
OS Eastings: 415617
OS Northings: 160230
OS Grid: SU156602
Mapcode National: GBR 4XZ.TRR
Mapcode Global: VHB4L.4KTD
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapel
Listing Date: 30 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193062
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311752
Location: Pewsey, Wiltshire, SN9
Civil Parish: Pewsey
Built-Up Area: Pewsey
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
PEWSEY WOODBOROUGH ROAD
SU 16 SE (south side)
6/116 Cemetery Chapel
Cemetery Chapel. 1862, by C.J. Phipps of Bath. Limestone rubble,
banded with ashlar and cut siltstone. Banded slate roof. Apsidal
on plan, with simple buttresses. Boarded west door with good
ironwork. Cross in tympanum of banded pointed arch on columns,
with stiff-leaf capitals and red sandstone ringed shafts. Two
light west window over and attached pyramidal roofed belltower on
north side having timber louvred openings. Small unmoulded
lancets. Small vestry on north side.
Interior unplastered, with truss over base of apse, and trussed
rafters. Mandorlas flank chancel, with pelican in piety, and Agnus
Dei. A very accomplished design.
Listing NGR: SU1561960232
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings