This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6162 / 51°36'58"N
Longitude: -0.3156 / 0°18'56"W
OS Eastings: 516719
OS Northings: 192164
OS Grid: TQ167921
Mapcode National: GBR 6V.WML
Mapcode Global: VHGQ9.HM1W
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 25 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193096
English Heritage Legacy ID: 202012
Location: Harrow, London, HA7
Electoral Ward/Division: Stanmore Park
Built-Up Area: Harrow
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St John the Evangelist Great Stanmore
Church of England Diocese: London
Church of St John
TQ 1692 SE 8/9
Begun 1849 in Decorated Gothic style by Henry Clutton (the surveyor, b.1814).
Graded for monuments transferred from Old Church, including those to John Burnell
(d.1605), John Dalton (d.1785), Sir John Wolstenholme (d.1699) under canopied
monument in tower, Sir John Wolstenholme (d.1634; effigy by Nicholas Stone),
John Wolstenholme (d.1669), John Dalton (by Bacon 1791), Elizabeth Dalton (d.1812)
and First Earl of Aberdeen (by Boehm, 1875). Font also transferred (by
Nicholas Stone circa 1632). Numerous other C18 and early C19 wall monuments in
tower. South aisle has 2-light stained glass windows by Edward Burne-Jones, 1885.
Five-light East window, by Thomas Willement circa 1849 (artist in stained glass to
Queen Victoria). North aisle: centre 2-lights circa 1896 in the style of
C E Kempe, possibly by Burlison and Grylls.
Listing NGR: TQ1671992164
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings