This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3978 / 51°23'52"N
Longitude: -1.7013 / 1°42'4"W
OS Eastings: 420878
OS Northings: 166573
OS Grid: SU208665
Mapcode National: GBR 4XH.8PG
Mapcode Global: VHC1W.G4G8
Entry Name: Christchurch
Listing Date: 30 October 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193137
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311763
Location: Savernake, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Savernake
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
SU 26 NW (east side)
Parish church, now house. 1851 by T.H. Wyatt. Flint, with
limestone banding and dressings. Slate roof. Nave and chancel,
and entrance under south-west tower. South vestry at right angles
to chancel. Chancel of 2 bays with angle buttresses. Nave of 4
bays. Two-light windows in C14 style to both nave and chancel, and
5-light east window. Lean-to at west end, asymmetrical with gabled
windows. Tower of 2 stages with large 2-light upper windows and
short pyramidal stone spire with small lucarnes.
Interior partly converted for domestic use, but 3 bays of nave not
completed at time of survey (November 1985). Vault under tower.
Chancel divided horizontally to 2 storeys.
Listing NGR: SU2087866573
Other nearby listed buildings