This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4369 / 53°26'12"N
Longitude: -1.1926 / 1°11'33"W
OS Eastings: 453736
OS Northings: 393648
OS Grid: SK537936
Mapcode National: GBR NX3P.LP
Mapcode Global: WHDDF.NW92
Entry Name: Farmbuilding Approximately 15 Metres to North East of Lambcote Grange Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334827
Location: Stainton, Doncaster, S66
Civil Parish: Stainton
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Stainton St Winifred
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
STAINTON FISH FUND LANE
SK59SW (north side)
approximately 15 metres
to north-east of
Farmbuilding. Dated 'MMP 1695', altered. Magnesian limestone rubble, sheet
asbestos roof, 2 storeys, 4 bays; orientated north-south. Large quoins.
East side; external steps at each end, those on left with brick side wall
built across position of original doorway having bonded, chamfered ashlar
surround, Central, horizontally-sliding door with bonded ashlar right-hand
jamb; small, blocked rectangular window opening on its left; 4 inserted
lst floor: boarded door to each set of steps; 2 rectangular window openings
with ashlar surrounds (that on left repaired in brick), 2 slit vents, Nest
side: blocked door opening with banded, chamfered ashlar surround; 2 similar
lst-floor doorways, that on left with casement inserted above, that on right
has casement within South gable; inserted openings;, original surround below
gable casement; gable date plaque North gable: C19 doorway on left; bonded,
chmfered ashlar surround to lst floor now houses casement.
Interior: one principal-rafter truss with raking struts and wind braces to
original purlins; rafters removed and present roof laid on additional
purlins. Presumably built by the Purslove family soon after purchase of
Lambcote Grange in 1690 (indenture in house q.v.).
Listing NGR: SK5373693648
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings