This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6924 / 51°41'32"N
Longitude: -1.186 / 1°11'9"W
OS Eastings: 456364
OS Northings: 199611
OS Grid: SU563996
Mapcode National: GBR 8ZT.T5K
Mapcode Global: VHCY2.DQDF
Entry Name: The School House
Listing Date: 19 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193186
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248258
Location: Marsh Baldon, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX44
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Marsh Baldon
Built-Up Area: Marsh Baldon
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Marsh Baldon with Toot Baldon and Nuneham Courtenay
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
MARSH BALDON THE GREEN
SU5699 (North side)
10/25 The School House
School house and school room. Probably C17 re-modelled and extended as school in
1771 and extended C19. Brick in Flemish bond and some limestone rubble; old
plain-tile roof with brick ridge stack. 2-unit plan, extended. One storey plus
attic. Irregular front has a central plank door and 4 casements of 2 and 3
lights, all with segmental arches except for that immediately left of the
entrance which has a rubbed and gauged flat arch. 2 gabled dormers to right and
one to left. Stack, to right of centre, has 2 narrow-brick shafts. Rear wall is
rubble. Rear wing, returning to right, is in C19 brick with yellow dressings.
lnterior: large back-to-back stacks have an inglenook fireplace with a
herringbone tile fireback and a blocked bread-oven; stop-chamfered beams; winder
stair beside stack.
Listing NGR: SU5636499611
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings