This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4642 / 51°27'50"N
Longitude: -0.0103 / 0°0'36"W
OS Eastings: 538315
OS Northings: 175787
OS Grid: TQ383757
Mapcode National: GBR L2.G2R
Mapcode Global: VHGR7.RGYF
Entry Name: Church of Stephen
Listing Date: 30 August 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193214
English Heritage Legacy ID: 203332
Location: Lewisham, London, SE13
Electoral Ward/Division: Blackheath
Built-Up Area: Lewisham
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Lewisham St Stephen with St Mark
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
779/14/L8 LEWISHAM HIGH STREET SE13
30-AUG-54 (East side)
Church of Stephen
Parish church. 1856 by Sir George Gilbert Scott. Cruciform church with South porch. Early English style with paired and grouped lancets. Snecked random rubble with freestone dressings. High pitched, tiled roof to nave, aisles and South transept. Parapet to North transept where tower was intended. Large West portal has paired doors under cusped, pointed arches.
INTERIOR: 5-bay nave with high arcade on round piers with foliated capitals. 3-bay marble lined chancel. Roof loft but no screen. Fine embroidered banner. Some stained-glass by Clayton and Bell.
Listing NGR: TQ3831575787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings