This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.5445 / 53°32'40"N
Longitude: -1.5629 / 1°33'46"W
OS Eastings: 429064
OS Northings: 405409
OS Grid: SE290054
Mapcode National: GBR KWJG.F3
Mapcode Global: WHCBQ.Y5YJ
Entry Name: Bank House
Listing Date: 23 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193251
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334280
Location: Silkstone, Barnsley, S75
Civil Parish: Silkstone
Built-Up Area: Silkstone
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Silkstone All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 2906 SILKSTONE BARNSLEY ROAD
11/151 Bank House
House. Dated 1806. Coursed squared stone with quoins. Stone slate roof.
Two storeys. Two-bay symmetrical front with central, Gothic-arched doorway.
Two-light square-headed windows with cusped lights, traceried on ground
floor. Band between floors. Central first floor plaque with date. Ashlar
stack to left with string and cornice. Altered stack to right. Two storey
wing to rear.
Interior not inspected.
The building was formerly "The Angel" public house.
Listing NGR: SE2906405409
Other nearby listed buildings