This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.9235 / 50°55'24"N
Longitude: 0.1494 / 0°8'57"E
OS Eastings: 551165
OS Northings: 115987
OS Grid: TQ511159
Mapcode National: GBR LR0.2LR
Mapcode Global: FRA C66N.N1S
Entry Name: The Ruins of the Old House Known As Halland House in the Grounds of Halland Park House, Laughton
Listing Date: 12 August 1981
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193327
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295092
Location: East Hoathly with Halland, Wealden, East Sussex, BN8
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: East Hoathly with Halland
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: East Hoathly
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
EAST HOATHLY EAST HOATHLY
The Ruins of the old
house known as
Halland House in the
grounds of Halland
Park House, Laughton
TQ 51 NW 6/855
1595. Remains of the former Halland House now part of the garden wall.
Red brick with stone quoins and brick buttresses. Prior to the death of
the Duke of Newcastle in 1768, on this site stood a mansion named Halland
House. It was dismantled by Lord Pelham. (q.v. 6/562A) (q.v. 6/562).
To the north-east of the latter are some remains, now garden walls, of the
old house. This formed a complete courtyard built by Sir Thomas Pelham
in 1595. Red brick with stone quoins and brick buttresses.
Listing NGR: TQ5116515987
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings