This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3765 / 51°22'35"N
Longitude: -1.947 / 1°56'49"W
OS Eastings: 403782
OS Northings: 164164
OS Grid: SU037641
Mapcode National: GBR 3W1.LKW
Mapcode Global: VHB49.6NJM
Entry Name: Two Unidentified Monuments in Churchyard, 4 to 6 Metres South of Lady Chapel, Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193371
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311538
Location: Bishops Cannings, Wiltshire, SN10
Civil Parish: Bishops Cannings
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bishop's Cannings and Etchilhampton St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
BISHOPS CANNINGS CHANDLERS LANE
SU 06 SW (east side)
6/117 Two unidentified monuments in
churchyard, 4-6m south of Lady
Chapel, Church of St Mary
Two chest tombs. C18. Limestone. From north:
(a) Cyma table, the base buried. Projecting architrave over 3
floral pilasters each side dividing panels. Inscription
(b) Cyma table. Three floral pilasters carrying entablature and
separating shield panels. To William Ch*** died 1723.
Listing NGR: SU0378264164
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings