This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9549 / 51°57'17"N
Longitude: -1.4436 / 1°26'36"W
OS Eastings: 438333
OS Northings: 228641
OS Grid: SP383286
Mapcode National: GBR 6SQ.FVC
Mapcode Global: VHBZ9.X4P5
Entry Name: Manor House
Listing Date: 27 August 1956
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193562
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251922
Location: Little Tew, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Little Tew
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Little Tew
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
LITTLE TEW THE GREEN
SP3828 (South side)
11/112 Manor House
Manor house. C17, extended C18 and C19, altered early C20. Limestone rubble with
limestone-and marlstone-ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate roofs with ashlar
stacks. 3-unit plan, extended. 2 storeys plus attic. 3-window double-gabled
front of original range has, at first floor, leaded stone-mullioned windows of
3, 2 and 3 lights with 2-light windows in the gables. Ground floor is
asymmetrical with a blocked doorway to left of centre between 4-light mullioned
windows, plus a further 3-light window to right. All openings have labels. Early
C19 range, projecting from right, has 2-light mullioned windows at first floor,
facing left, above a mullioned window and moulded doorway of 1926. Right side of
wing has leaded casements under flat arches. Left end wall of main range has
tall leaded casements; rear has some old casements at first floor, and at ground
floor a 4-light stone-mullioned window with decorative leading. Late C19 rear
wing incorporates 2 re-set mullioned windows. 3-window C18 range, extending to
right of front wing, has at ground floor two 2-light windows and a doorway, and,
at first floor, casements of one, 3 and one lights, all with flat arches and
leaded glazing. To extreme right a C19 single-storey range was raised in 1926 in
similar style and a parallel range inserted in the angle with the rear wing.
Interior: Tudor-arched corner fireplaces; moulded-plank doors; re-used C17 oak
panelling; butt-purlin roofs.
(V.C.H.: Oxfordshire, p.249; Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, p.690).
Listing NGR: SP3833328641
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings