This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7683 / 50°46'6"N
Longitude: 0.1949 / 0°11'41"E
OS Eastings: 554873
OS Northings: 98825
OS Grid: TV548988
Mapcode National: GBR MV4.N46
Mapcode Global: FRA C791.V1W
Entry Name: The Wellhouse to the South East of Friston Place
Listing Date: 13 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193661
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295130
Location: East Dean and Friston, Wealden, East Sussex, BN20
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: East Dean and Friston
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: East Dean with Friston
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
FRISTON JEVINGTON ROAD
The Wellhouse to the
TV 59 NW 27/24A 13.10.52
Probably C16 restored in late C19. Square building faced with flints with
red brick quoins. Pyramidal tiled roof, with wooden turret at the apex
surmounted by a weather-vane. Windows with stone mullions. Four-centred
stone doorway with the initials and dates J.A.M. 1896 and F.J.M. 1902 (J.A. Maitland
and his son F.J. Maitland) over it. Inside is a huge wooden donkey wheel
for raising the water.
Listing NGR: TV5487398825
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings