This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9364 / 51°56'11"N
Longitude: -1.3897 / 1°23'23"W
OS Eastings: 442052
OS Northings: 226607
OS Grid: SP420266
Mapcode National: GBR 7V9.HH7
Mapcode Global: VHBZB.VLNF
Entry Name: Stable and Attached Dairy Approximately 20 Metres to East of Brandon Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1193739
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251963
Location: Sandford St. Martin, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Sandford St. Martin
Civil Parish/community: Sandford St Martin
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sandford St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SANDFORD ST.MARTIN THE GREEN
SP4226 (East side)
14/151 Stable and attached dairy
approx. 20m. to E of Brandon
Dovecote, now stable. C17. Coursed squared marlstone and limestone rubble with
some marlstone-ashlar dressings; Stonesfield-slate and corrugated-asbestos roof.
Gable-fronted square plan. One storey plus loft. Front, in dressed stone, has a
central doorway and, in the gable, a 2-light stone-mullioned window with label.
Right side wall has an inserted flat-arched window. Roof is partly stone-slated
and has gable parapets. Interior: walls have some stone ledges and are lined
with blocked nesting boxes. Roof has ridge purlins. Single-storey dairy range
running towards house, in rubble with a stone-slate roof, has a projecting
gabled entrance bay with a datestone inscribed 1853. Buildings form a fine group
with Brandon Farmhouse (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SP4205226607
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings