This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4838 / 51°29'1"N
Longitude: -0.2879 / 0°17'16"W
OS Eastings: 518982
OS Northings: 177484
OS Grid: TQ189774
Mapcode National: GBR 7Z.B3J
Mapcode Global: VHGQW.YYPW
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 10 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194022
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205501
Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, TW9
District: Richmond upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: Kew
Built-Up Area: Richmond upon Thames
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Kew St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
5028 KEW GREEN
(west side of Kew Road)
Parish Church of St Anne
TQ 1877 & 1977 9/23 10.1.50
1714, lengthened and north aisle 1770 by J J Kirby. Royal Gallery 1805. Stone Doric
west portico 1830 by Sir Jeffry Wyatville. South aisle 1884. Chancel altered 1884.
Interior: 4-bay nave with Doric columns to entablature and shallow barrel vault. In
north aisle monuments include that to William Jackson Hooker (d 1865) and that to
Joseph Dalton Hooker (d 1911), both directors of Royal Botanical Gardens. Monuments
include Wedgewood type medallions and panels of Botanical Specimens. The former by
Woolner and Palgrave.
Listing NGR: TQ1898277484
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings