This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7501 / 51°45'0"N
Longitude: -0.9821 / 0°58'55"W
OS Eastings: 470365
OS Northings: 206200
OS Grid: SP703062
Mapcode National: GBR B0T.BHK
Mapcode Global: VHDVF.X8NQ
Entry Name: Entrance Gateway Approximately 15 Metres North West of Master's Court
Listing Date: 16 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194103
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248462
Location: Thame, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Thame
Built-Up Area: Thame
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Thame St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
THAME CHURCH ROAD
SP7006SW (East side)
8/35 Entrance gateway approx. 15m.
NW of Master's Court
Gateway. c.1569, restored late C20. Uncoursed stone rubble with ashlar stone
dressings. 4-centred archway with moulded stone surround and hood mould, having
C18 gate with 3-panels to base and open railings above. Crowstepped gable with
angled coping. C18 red brick low walls to both sides. Formerly one of 3 gateways
forming courtyard to Grammar School, now Master's Court.
(Buildings of England: Oxfordshire, 1979, p.814).
Listing NGR: SP7036506200
Other nearby listed buildings