This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4642 / 51°27'51"N
Longitude: -0.3003 / 0°18'1"W
OS Eastings: 518170
OS Northings: 175282
OS Grid: TQ181752
Mapcode National: GBR 80.DZ4
Mapcode Global: VHGR2.RG3D
Entry Name: Church of St John the Divine
Listing Date: 10 January 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194182
English Heritage Legacy ID: 205520
Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, TW9
District: Richmond upon Thames
Electoral Ward/Division: North Richmond
Built-Up Area: Richmond upon Thames
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Richmond
Church of England Diocese: Southwark
5028 KEW ROAD
Church of St John the Divine
TQ 1875 11/8 10.1.50
Early Gothic revival. 1831-6. Lewis Vulliamy. Chancel 1905 by Arthur Grove.
Includes carvings and lettering by Eric Gill 1905-7. Yellow brick. West end pointed
gable and low aisles with pinnacled flying buttresses to first bay of nave. Gable
topped by elaborate spired belate. Ogeed pointed window, with gable of door beneath
breaking into its lower parts. Nave has painted 2-light windows and decorated tracery.
Chancel by Arthur Grove brick with Portland stone dressings, bands of chequerwork.
Central buttress topped by crucifixion scene. Chapels to either side, with perpendicular
tracery. Chancel under separate roof from nave, with steeper pitch, division marked
Interior - single wide room with flat roof held upon tracened brackets.
Listing NGR: TQ1817075282
Other nearby listed buildings