This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.3328 / 51°19'58"N
Longitude: -2.1825 / 2°10'57"W
OS Eastings: 387381
OS Northings: 159320
OS Grid: ST873593
Mapcode National: GBR 1SN.724
Mapcode Global: VH96X.4R1M
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 14 June 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194184
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314455
Location: Hilperton, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Hilperton
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Hilperton with Whaddon St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 85 NE HILPERTON CHURCH STREET
7/8 The Old Rectory
Rectory, now detached house. Early C19. Limestone ashlar, hipped
Welsh slate roof with ashlar stacks. Two-storey, 2-window.
Double half-glazed doors to left, blind window to right. First
floor has horizontal 8-pane sash to left and blind window to right,
centre 2 bays break forward slightly, deep boxed eaves to roof.
Right return, garden front, has two large 16-pane ground floor
sashes in segmental-arched panels, plat band to first floor with
two horizontal 8-pane sashes. Rear has two ground floor 16-pane
sashes and one 8-pane sash and blind window to first floor. Two-
storey lower service wing attached to rear right; 16-pane sashes.
Interior retains original joinery; window shutters, 6-panelled
doors in moulded architraves, stairs with stick balusters
Ceased to be occupied as the rectory in 1980.
Listing NGR: ST8738159320
Other nearby listed buildings