This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.664 / 51°39'50"N
Longitude: -1.1387 / 1°8'19"W
OS Eastings: 459668
OS Northings: 196483
OS Grid: SU596964
Mapcode National: GBR 908.LXS
Mapcode Global: VHCY9.6FWR
Entry Name: Church of St Leonard
Listing Date: 18 July 1963
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194604
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248836
Location: Drayton St. Leonard, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX10
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Drayton St. Leonard
Built-Up Area: Drayton St Leonard
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Drayton St Leonard
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Church of St. Leonard
Church. C12 origins, C15 tower, restoration of c.1859 by George Edmund Street
including partial rebuilding of chancel. Roughcast, probably on stone rubble to
nave; squared coursed stone to chancel; old plain-tile roof; C20 weatherboarding
to tower with pyramidal old plain-tile roof. 4-bay nave, north aisle and
transept, chancel and west tower. To left of centre, a C19 plank door with
C13 stone surround with C17 timber framed porch having collar-truss roof.
2-light Perpendicular windows to left and right with flat hoods. Two 2-light
Perpendicular windows to chancel. 3-light windows of intersecting tracery to end
of chancel. North side: C19 lancets to chancel and north aisle. C15 lancet to
nave. West end single lancet. Paired louvred opening to each side of tower.
Interior: C19 braced collar-truss roof to chancel. Trefoil piscina to right of
chancel. C15 stained glass to trefoil lancet to left of chancel. Area of
medieval floor tiles behind altar. 2-centred chancel arch. C19 braced collar
truss roof to nave with probably C15 tie-beams. Early C20 wood painted and
decorated pulpit to right. C19 octagonal stone font. Restored C15 timber framing
of tower with infill towards nave of C18 box pew panels.
Listing NGR: SU5966896483
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings