History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Minster Junior and Infant School

A Grade II Listed Building in Warminster, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.2047 / 51°12'16"N

Longitude: -2.1886 / 2°11'18"W

OS Eastings: 386920

OS Northings: 145073

OS Grid: ST869450

Mapcode National: GBR 1V5.KGB

Mapcode Global: VH97H.0ZTB

Entry Name: The Minster Junior and Infant School

Listing Date: 26 May 1954

Last Amended: 31 March 1978

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1194636

English Heritage Legacy ID: 313016

Location: Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Warminster

Built-Up Area: Warminster

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Warminster St Denys

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Warminster

Listing Text

WARMINSTER VICARAGE STREET
1.
5411
(South Side)
The Minster Junior and
Infant School
[Formerly listed as
No 7 (Caretaker's House,
Minster Church School
and adjoining gateway)]
ST 8645 SE 5/59 26.5.54.

II GV


2.
Circa 1846 in C15 style. 2 storeys and attic. Ashlar Bath stone; tile roof with
ashlar chimney. The right hand part of the front has a small gable with moulded
coping containing a small attic window, and 2 light casement on each floor
with dripmould over (head stops on 1st floor), the ground floor casement larger.
To right on ground floor: entrance with pointed arch and door with decorative
hingework. Drip of ground floor window carried down about 1/3 each side to
join moulded string across front which breaks up over doorway to right and
large archway to left. The left hand part of front has a large rectangular
bay window with 2 x 6 pointed stone mullioned lights and a stone tile flat
roof over. The wall is carried up to a pierced balustrade with circular quatrefoil
pierced pattern and moulded coping. In left hand corner is a large 3 centred
pointed yard entry with panel spandrels and dripmould with headstops; above
a small pointed attic window in small belfry. Passage below has door (No 5
with decorative hingework. Brick built at the rear with some older stone
work, 2 mullion windows and a catslide roof. Various later extensions in
brick and in stone with mullion windows and slate roofs (circa 1880).


Listing NGR: ST8686445072

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.