This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6857 / 52°41'8"N
Longitude: -1.8336 / 1°50'1"W
OS Eastings: 411342
OS Northings: 309790
OS Grid: SK113097
Mapcode National: GBR 3C9.R6R
Mapcode Global: WHCGN.TR0G
Entry Name: 1, Whitehall
Listing Date: 14 February 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194883
English Heritage Legacy ID: 382806
Location: Lichfield, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS13
Civil Parish: Lichfield
Built-Up Area: Lichfield
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Lichfield Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
1094-1/4/238 (South side)
Formerly known as: Coach and Horses WHITEHALL.
Public house, now house. Rebuilt c1806 with facade to Beacon
Street of c1830. Brick with scored stucco facade; hipped tile
roof with brick cross-axial stack. Georgian style. 3 storeys;
4-window range. Plinth, 1st-floor sill band and top cornice.
Entrance to right end has consoled cornice, overlight to
half-glazed door with scrolly wrought-iron grille;
segmental-arched carriage entrance to left end has rusticated
arch with vermiculated key and tympanum. Windows have sills,
and consoled cornices over 12-pane sashes, some glazing bars
missing to ground floor, 6-pane sashes to 2nd floor. Rear has
brick cornice; ground-floor window has paired sash with ashlar
lintel; upper windows have rubbed brick flat arches, that to
1st floor left has ashlar lintel.
Listing NGR: SK1134209790
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings