This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0504 / 54°3'1"N
Longitude: -2.7996 / 2°47'58"W
OS Eastings: 347744
OS Northings: 461896
OS Grid: SD477618
Mapcode National: GBR 8PWL.PT
Mapcode Global: WH846.ZG08
Entry Name: 9, Chapel Street
Listing Date: 13 September 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194910
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383098
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bulk
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE CHAPEL STREET
1685-1/7/66 (West side)
House, now shop. Mid C18, altered c1900, restored 1991.
Coursed squared sandstone with ashlar dressings. Slate roof
and gable chimney stacks, with a late-C19 dormer window.
L-plan: double-depth front range with, originally, a rear wing
to the right and now with the remains of a later rear
extension to the left.
3 storeys above a cellar, and 3 bays, with chamfered quoins,
and a plain frieze above the second-floor windows. All the
windows have raised plain surrounds. The ground-floor shop has
front of c1900, and the sashes without glazing bars to the
upper windows were removed for repair as part of extensive
restoration work at time of survey.
Listing NGR: SD4774461896
Other nearby listed buildings