History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

2, Pond Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Harlaxton, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8833 / 52°52'59"N

Longitude: -0.6865 / 0°41'11"W

OS Eastings: 488481

OS Northings: 332565

OS Grid: SK884325

Mapcode National: GBR DQG.77W

Mapcode Global: WHGKN.FS9H

Entry Name: 2, Pond Street

Listing Date: 24 September 1979

Last Amended: 14 November 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1194955

English Heritage Legacy ID: 383008

Location: Harlaxton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Harlaxton

Built-Up Area: Harlaxton

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Harlaxton St Mary and St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Harlaxton

Listing Text

HARLAXTON
SK8832 POND STREET
1315-0/14/205 (North West side)
24/09/79 No.2
(Formerly Listed as:
POND STREET
House immediately south-west of Post
Office)
II

Formerly known as: No.2 Wyggeston Farm POND STREET.
3 cottages, now a house. Late C18, altered mid C19 and late
C20. Red brick and coursed squared stone, with moulded brick
dressings and pantile roof. Single ridge and gable brick
stacks with round topped panels. Dentillated eaves. 2 storeys;
4 window range. The windows, mainly C20 2-light casements with
leaded glazing, have coved surrounds and are set in bays
defined by rounded pilasters. In the third bay, a single light
window with plain surround and a blocked light. Below it, a
rebated brick doorcase with C20 door. Ground floor windows
have cornices.
This building is probably one of those built or altered
c1790-1820 by George de Ligne Gregory, and altered c1820-1840
by Gregory Gregory, successive Lords of the Manor of
Harlaxton.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N, Harris J & Antram N:
Lincolnshire: London: 1964-1989: 361-362; Girouard M et al:
Harlaxton Manor: Harlaxton: 1984-: 20-29).


Listing NGR: SK8848132565

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.