This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8727 / 52°52'21"N
Longitude: -0.6912 / 0°41'28"W
OS Eastings: 488192
OS Northings: 331381
OS Grid: SK881313
Mapcode National: GBR DQG.S38
Mapcode Global: WHGKV.C231
Entry Name: Farm Buildings Adjoining Wealdmore Lodge Farmhouse to North
Listing Date: 14 November 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194957
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383016
Location: Harlaxton, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG32
District: South Kesteven
Civil Parish: Harlaxton
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Harlaxton St Mary and St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK83SE SWINE HILL
1315-0/6/214 (West side (off))
Farm buildings adjoining Wealdmore
Lodge farmhouse to north
Farm buildings. 1803 and mid C19, with mid C20 alterations.
For George de Ligne Gregory. Brick with hipped slate roofs.
Single and 2 storeys. Rectangular plan, with a central yard.
North range, 2 storeys, comprising barn, stable, hayloft and
cartsheds, has an off-centre segment arched through passage
flanked to left by a segment arched double barn door, and
beyond, 4 breathers. To left, beyond a single storey open
shed, a mid C19 cartshed with 3 openings to north with brick
piers. On the south side, towards the yard, a C20 lean-to
addition with corrugated asbestos roof. To right, a stable
with hayloft above. At the east end, a single storey cartshed,
3 bays, with wooden posts.
On the east side of the yard, a stable range, single storey,
adjoining the farmhouse, with a ridge stack and segment headed
On the south side of the yard, to right, a coped boundary wall
and an open shed with metal posts, altered mid C20, projecting
into the yard. At the south end, 2 large boarded openings. To
left, a similar larger shed with, at the south end, a hipped
stable with a segment arched stable door and windows. Attached
to the right corner, a C20 single cell brick addition. To left
again, a hipped coach house with a pair of doors under a
wooden lintel. Beyond, to left, an angled enclosure with a
gateway and triangular coping to the wall, forming a pigsty.
On the west side, a small yard enclosed by a wall with
triangular coping and a double gate.
George de Ligne Gregory, Lord of the Manor of Harlaxton, built
numerous cottages and estate buildings in Harlaxton. This is
the only group of farm buildings to survive in a largely
Listing NGR: SK8819231381
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings