This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.0502 / 54°3'0"N
Longitude: -2.7983 / 2°47'53"W
OS Eastings: 347829
OS Northings: 461880
OS Grid: SD478618
Mapcode National: GBR 8PWL.ZV
Mapcode Global: WH846.ZGMC
Entry Name: 47, North Road
Listing Date: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194982
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383246
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bulk
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE NORTH ROAD
1685-1/7/216 (South side)
Former warehouse, now shop. Mid C18, extended and altered late
C19. Rendered sandstone rubble with painted ashlar dressings
and a composition tile roof hipped back from the street.
Narrow rectangular plan with the original loading slot on the
left side wall in an enclosed yard.
3 storeys and one bay wide to the street, with chamfered
quoins, a centrally-placed window on each floor and the
remains of a ground-floor sill band. The ground floor has a
doorway to the right, and a large centrally-placed entrance
with a lintel now covered by a signboard. Above this the
windows on the first and second floors have plain surrounds
and are sashed with 16 and 12 panes. Lean-to addition to right
has a pair C20 casements on the ground floor, and above a
single glazing bar sash.
INTERIOR: the upper floors are carried on large transverse
timber beams, and the roof has king-post trusses.
Listing NGR: SD4782961880
Other nearby listed buildings