This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0468 / 54°2'48"N
Longitude: -2.8015 / 2°48'5"W
OS Eastings: 347614
OS Northings: 461502
OS Grid: SD476615
Mapcode National: GBR 8PWN.82
Mapcode Global: WH846.YK30
Entry Name: Ring O' Bells Public House
Listing Date: 22 December 1953
Last Amended: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1194999
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383178
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Thomas
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE KING STREET
1685-1/7/144 (West side)
22/12/53 Nos.52 AND 54
Ring o' Bells Public House
(Formerly Listed as:
The Ring o' Bells)
House, now public house. Mid C18, altered C19. Sandstone
ashlar with ashlar dressings. Slate roof. Double-depth plan
with rear central extension.
3 storeys and 4 bays, over cellar. Raised quoins to the left
corner, bands on 2 levels, and moulded eaves cornice. The
principal entrance, a recessed porch in the 2nd bay, has an
unusually fine pedimented doorcase with fluted Doric engaged
columns, triglyph frieze with carved military trophies between
the triglyphs, and prominent segmental pediment with mutules.
To the right, the 4th bay has a doorway with a simple moulded
surround and an overlight with margin panes. The 1st and 3rd
bays have shuttered cellar openings. All the windows are
sashed without glazing bars and have moulded architraves,
projecting moulded sills and aprons. Gable chimney stacks.
Rear. Central extension under carried-down roof, with a
flat-faced flush-mullion 2-light window at 1st floor, and
similar windows on each floor to the left and at 1st floor to
INTERIOR: dogleg staircase with closed string and turned
Listing NGR: SD4761461502
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings