This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.0498 / 54°2'59"N
Longitude: -2.7977 / 2°47'51"W
OS Eastings: 347866
OS Northings: 461826
OS Grid: SD478618
Mapcode National: GBR 8PXM.20
Mapcode Global: WH847.0G0R
Entry Name: 129 and 131, St Leonards Gate
Listing Date: 13 March 1995
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195049
English Heritage Legacy ID: 383316
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1
Electoral Ward/Division: Bulk
Built-Up Area: Lancaster
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lancaster St Mary with St John and St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SD4761NE ST LEONARD'S GATE
1685-1/7/282 (South side)
Nos.129 AND 131
Pair of houses, now shops. Late C18, converted c1900.
Sandstone ashlar in narrow courses, with coursed and squared
rubble on the side and rear, and slate roofs with plain coped
gables. Double-depth plan with linked shop doorways in the
centre, a deep chimney stack above the party wall, and rear
extensions to the left of each house. 3 storeys, probably
above cellars, and a single wide bay in each house. The ground
floor was altered c1900 by the insertion of shop fronts, of
which the fascias remain between 3 fluted stone brackets. The
windows have plain surrounds and 4-pane sashes; the lintels of
the second-floor windows are continued to form a deep eaves
band. The right-hand gable of No.131 has a tall stair window.
Listing NGR: SD4786661826
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings