History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Kings Lynn Conservancy Board Offices

A Grade II Listed Building in King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7562 / 52°45'22"N

Longitude: 0.3923 / 0°23'32"E

OS Eastings: 561541

OS Northings: 320309

OS Grid: TF615203

Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.412

Mapcode Global: WHJP1.0Z3C

Entry Name: Kings Lynn Conservancy Board Offices

Listing Date: 7 June 1972

Last Amended: 26 July 1993

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1195305

English Heritage Legacy ID: 384095

Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas

Built-Up Area: King's Lynn

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Find accommodation in
Kings Lynn

Listing Text


KING'S LYNN

TF6120SE COMMON STAITHE QUAY
610-1/7/39 (East side)
07/06/72 King's Lynn Conservancy Board
Offices
(Formerly Listed as:
COMMON STAITH QUAY
Premises occupied by King's Lynn
Conservancy Board and The Pilot's
Office)

II

Public baths and pilot office, now offices. Baths, 1856, pilot
office 1864, joined together and converted to present use in
1987. Red brick with rendered details. Slate roof. 1-2
storeys. West front composed of a 3-bay narthex arcade on
square rusticated piers flanked to each side by a bay defined
by pilasters carrying pediments. Behind rises a hipped
2-storey, 3-bay element lit by sashes with glazing bars in
recessed panels. Stack to east end of central ridge. Short
linking wall leads left from facade pierced by a blocked
arched door and an arched sash to base of tower (former pilot
office). This has a paired sash to east and north faces under
gault brick gauged arches. Broaches lead into octagonal
2-storey tower with oculi to alternate facets to lower storey
and paired sashes to top storey in each facet. Corbelled
parapet and pyramid roof festooned with short and medium wave
radio antennae. INTERIOR. Rooms variously panelled; panelled
doors; high counter to public office under tower.


Listing NGR: TF6154120309

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.