This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7541 / 52°45'14"N
Longitude: 0.3938 / 0°23'37"E
OS Eastings: 561647
OS Northings: 320078
OS Grid: TF616200
Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.BCP
Mapcode Global: WHJP7.01SF
Entry Name: 6, King Street
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195320
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384141
Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas
Built-Up Area: King's Lynn
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TF6120SE KING STREET
610-1/7/70 (East side)
House, now offices and domestic Late C16, refronted early C18,
restored 1983-88. Brick. Plain tiled roof to front, pantiled
2 storeys and dormer attic in 4 bays. Facade dated 1739.
Segmental-headed entrance to passageway to rear set to right
of elevation. 2 early C19 sashes with glazing bars light
ground floor, with a panelled door to their left, all under
gauged segmental arches with rubbed brick keystones.
4 sashes to first floor, probably of 1739: glazing bars and
similar arches and keystones. Parapet with central Brainwater
hopper. Gabled roof continuous with No.4. Two hipped dormers
with casement windows. Central ridge stack.
Rear with large brick cross wing and late C20 pantiles.
South side with various C19 and C20 sashes. Late C20 door. In
entrant angle with main wall is a projecting one-bay element
with one renewed early C18 sash window to first floor.
INTERIOR. Chamfered bridging beams. Rear wing has windows with
early C18 shutters. Winder staircase in north side. Main
first-floor room to facade is partitioned but has large-framed
panelling. Central fireplace in east wall is cut by partition
and blocked: tall overmantel with curvilinear upper frame with
foliage-carved spandrels and egg-and-dart decoration. Front
roof has butt purlins, of rear roof enough remains to show
that it was of clasped purlin type. House divided from No.4 in
early C18, probably 1739.
Listing NGR: TF6164720078
Other nearby listed buildings