History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Staffordshire County Council Occupational Health Unit

A Grade II Listed Building in Stafford, Staffordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8061 / 52°48'21"N

Longitude: -2.1147 / 2°6'52"W

OS Eastings: 392366

OS Northings: 323177

OS Grid: SJ923231

Mapcode National: GBR 288.05V

Mapcode Global: WHBDT.HQ7N

Entry Name: Staffordshire County Council Occupational Health Unit

Listing Date: 16 January 1951

Last Amended: 16 February 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1195330

English Heritage Legacy ID: 384050

Location: Stafford, Staffordshire, ST16

County: Staffordshire

District: Stafford

Town: Stafford

Electoral Ward/Division: Forebridge

Built-Up Area: Stafford

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Stafford St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Stafford

Listing Text


STAFFORD

SJ9223SW TIPPING STREET
590-1/10/95 (South side)
16/01/51 No.15
Staffordshire County Council
Occupational Health Unit
(Formerly Listed as:
TIPPING STREET
No.15
The Croft)

GV II

House, now office. c1740 with later alterations. Brick with
vitrified headers and ashlar dressings; internally central bay
flanked by timber-framed cross walls; tile roof with brick end
stack. Double-depth plan. Georgian style.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys with attic; 4-window range. Cornice over
ground floor and top cornice. Entrance to left of centre has
late C18 porch with Doric columns and Tuscan entablature,
overlight to 6-flush-panel door; small entrance in plain
surround with 6-flush-panel door to left end. Windows have
sills, and rubbed brick flat arches with keys, fluted to
ground floor, fielded-panelled to 1st floor, over 12-pane
sashes in moulded frames; 4 gabled dormers with casements.
Pebble-dash left return with projecting stack; right return
rebuilt in late C20 with blind windows. Rear has brick platt
bands over segmental-headed windows and gabled wing.
INTERIOR: some timber-framed interior walls with square
framing; open-well stair with column-on-vase balusters, square
newels and moulded handrails; room to right has C17 panelling
with fluted top panels, round-headed cupboard and
6-fielded-panel door with Jacobean relief panel over.


Listing NGR: SJ9236623177

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.