This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7507 / 52°45'2"N
Longitude: 0.3962 / 0°23'46"E
OS Eastings: 561821
OS Northings: 319706
OS Grid: TF618197
Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.JZG
Mapcode Global: WHJP7.14X1
Entry Name: Friarscot
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195346
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384094
Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30
District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk
Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas
Built-Up Area: King's Lynn
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
TF6119NE CHURCH STREET
610-1/9/38 (West side)
Formerly known as: The Cottage, Linays Yard CHURCH STREET.
House. c1530, facade late C17, restored 1989. Brick,
colourwashed to facade. Pantile roof. 2 storeys and dormer
attic in 4 bays. Four 2-light cross casements to each floor,
apparently of 1989 but actually repaired C17 originals. Plain
doorway between first 2 ground-floor windows to left. Damaged
platband between floors. Gabled roof with one sloping dormer.
South internal gable-end stack; second stack to rear roof
slope. INTERIOR. Former fireplace to south ground-floor room.
This and north room with roll-moulded C16 joists. Rolled steel
joists are C20. Rear stack is a late C16 or early C17
insertion, at first floor covering a chamfer-mullioned timber
window, of which 3 lights remain visible. North gable also
with a mullioned window, now blocked. Roof removed above
collar level and replaced. Winder staircase in north-west
corner, not in situ.
Listing NGR: TF6182119706
Other nearby listed buildings