History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Sommerfeld and Thomas Warehouse Including Wall to East

A Grade II Listed Building in King's Lynn, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.7506 / 52°45'2"N

Longitude: 0.3941 / 0°23'38"E

OS Eastings: 561679

OS Northings: 319689

OS Grid: TF616196

Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.JG1

Mapcode Global: WHJP7.04X4

Entry Name: Sommerfeld and Thomas Warehouse Including Wall to East

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1195401

English Heritage Legacy ID: 384322

Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas

Built-Up Area: King's Lynn

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Find accommodation in
Kings Lynn

Listing Text


KING'S LYNN

TF6119NE SOUTH QUAY
610-1/9/204 (East side)
01/12/51 Sommerfeld and Thomas Warehouse
including wall to E

GV II

Warehouse. Mid C18. Buff brick. Pantiled roof. 3 storeys and
dormer attic in 7 symmetrical bays. Central sliding double
timber doors through 2 storeys with a small 2-light window
right and left under the door hood. Ground floor with 2
segmental-headed windows each side and single-storey sliding
double doors beyond them. At first floor are loading doors
right and left of centre and one 2-light window beyond each of
those, under segmental heads. Unbroken line of 7 similar
windows to top floor. Hipped roof with 2 sloping dormers to
front slope and one to flanking sides. Known as Edward Bagge's
warehouse in 1842 and on land owned by the Bagg family since
1766. Behind this new front (i.e. to the east side) were two
warehouse ranges running towards Nelson Street, amalgamated
into one in 1927, and all demolished 1966. Sixteen metres of
original walling survives forming south boundary of the garden
behind Hampton Court warehouse (W) range: tall, C16, brick,
much patched, and with one blocked 2-light mullioned window.


Listing NGR: TF6167919689

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.