History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

14,16,18, St Ann's Street

A Grade II Listed Building in King's Lynn, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.7577 / 52°45'27"N

Longitude: 0.396 / 0°23'45"E

OS Eastings: 561784

OS Northings: 320477

OS Grid: TF617204

Mapcode National: GBR N3Q.4Y2

Mapcode Global: WHJP1.1YV8

Entry Name: 14,16,18, St Ann's Street

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1195421

English Heritage Legacy ID: 384262

Location: King's Lynn and West Norfolk, Norfolk, PE30

County: Norfolk

District: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Town: King's Lynn and West Norfolk

Electoral Ward/Division: St Margarets with St Nicholas

Built-Up Area: King's Lynn

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Find accommodation in
Kings Lynn

Listing Text


610-1/7/212 (West side)
01/12/51 Nos.14, 16 AND 18


House, now offices. Mid C17 with late C18 roughcast and
colourwashed facade. Brick. Slate roofs. 3 storeys in 9 bays,
centre bay broken forward and elaborated into a porch tower.
Corners rusticated. Late C20 glazed door below a metope frieze
and pediment. First floor of porch bay with a Venetian window,
second floor with a tripartite sash. Remainder of fenestration
of sashes with glazing bars except for ground-floor right
window: 6-light transomed and mullioned casement. Parapet
above timber eaves cornice. Gabled roof with internal
gable-end stacks. 2 cross wings to rear with centre, shorter,
wing. C17 brickwork. North wing with C17 stack emerging
through north roof slope. Plain tiled set-off to first floor.
Remains of 2 blocked arched brick-mullioned windows to first
floor. Various sashes and openings to remainder. INTERIOR.
INTERIOR not accessible at time of Review, but said to contain
features of interest. Previous entry records, in 1972, a fine
moulded ceiling in ground-floor room, carved oak panelling in
several rooms and a fireback dated 1680.

Listing NGR: TF6178420477

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.