This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5204 / 51°31'13"N
Longitude: -0.1007 / 0°6'2"W
OS Eastings: 531868
OS Northings: 181869
OS Grid: TQ318818
Mapcode National: GBR P9.J5
Mapcode Global: VHGR0.61LT
Entry Name: 111, Charterhouse Street
Listing Date: 29 September 1972
Last Amended: 30 September 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 368720
Location: Islington, London, EC1M
Electoral Ward/Division: Bunhill
Built-Up Area: Islington
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St Sepulchre Holborn
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ3181NE CHARTERHOUSE STREET
635-1/77/230 (North side)
(Formerly Listed as:
Cold storage warehouse, now offices. 1900. Designed by A.H.
Mackmurdo for John Palmer. Brick, now painted, set in Flemish
bond, dressings of Portland stone, those to upper floors now
painted, roof obscured by parapet. Three storeys, three-window
range. Ground-floor front of three bays reconstructed as an
open arcade with a 1980s front set back: flat arch to left,
the other two round-arched; stone base with rusticated
brickwork above, the round arches with projecting stone
voussoirs; cornice; first floor has three tall and narrow
flat-arched windows with architrave and cornice between
Corinthian pilasters with festooned capitals; festoons over
each window; cornice; pilasters continue as piers to attic
storey with central oculus, upswept parapet to side bays and a
central shaped gable, now flat, presumably truncated.
(Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).
Listing NGR: TQ3185981875
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings