This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5337 / 51°32'1"N
Longitude: -0.1025 / 0°6'8"W
OS Eastings: 531708
OS Northings: 183349
OS Grid: TQ317833
Mapcode National: GBR P4.4D
Mapcode Global: VHGQT.5QN4
Entry Name: Numbers 25-28 (Consecutive) and Attached Railings
Listing Date: 29 September 1972
Last Amended: 30 September 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195561
English Heritage Legacy ID: 368811
Location: Islington, London, N1
Electoral Ward/Division: St Peter's
Built-Up Area: Islington
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: St James Prebend Street
Church of England Diocese: London
TQ3183SE COLEBROOKE ROW
635-1/65/318 (East side)
29/09/72 Nos.25-28 (Consecutive)
and attached railings
(Formerly Listed as:
Nos.20-23, 25-28 (Consecutive))
Includes: No.1 NOEL ROAD.
Terraced houses. 1841. Developed by William Watkins, and
probably designed by J.W.Griffith. Yellow brick set in Flemish
bond, stucco, roof obscured by parapet. The row forms the
centre and southern wing of a presumably once symmetrical
terrace, with nos 26-8 projecting slightly, and the northern
wing rebuilt. Four storeys over basement, two windows each.
Basement and ground floor stuccoed, the ground floor decorated
with chamfered rustication. Round-arched entrance with
pilaster jambs, cornice and fanlight, with decorative glazing
to nos 25-27, and panelled doors of original design.
Ground-floor windows round-arched, first- and second-floor
windows flat-arched with gauged brick heads, continuous
bracketed balcony with cast-iron railings to first floor.
Moulded stucco cornice and blocking course above second floor,
forming a sill band to third-floor round-arched windows.
Sashes of original design, with radiating glazing bars to
ground floor, to nos 25, 26, 27 (upper floors) and 28.
Parapet, except to nos 25 which has additional cornice.
Cast-iron railings to area.
(Historians' file, English Heritage London Division).
Listing NGR: TQ3170883349
Other nearby listed buildings