This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0292 / 53°1'45"N
Longitude: -2.1796 / 2°10'46"W
OS Eastings: 388050
OS Northings: 348007
OS Grid: SJ880480
Mapcode National: GBR MK8.QM
Mapcode Global: WHBCT.H492
Entry Name: Pottery Works Formerly Occupied by Dudson's Limited
Listing Date: 20 August 1979
Last Amended: 15 March 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195798
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384412
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST1
County: City of Stoke-on-Trent
Electoral Ward/Division: Etruria and Hanley
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Hanley St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SJ 8847; 613-1/8/51
STOKE ON TRENT,
HANOVER STREET (south side)
Pottery Works formerly occupied by Dudson's Limited
(Formerly Listed as: HANOVER STREET, Hanley Bottle kiln in yard to rear of premises occupied by Dudson Bros. Ltd.)
Pottery works, established on the site in the 1820's, but
displaying a complex history of growth, adaptation and
modification, with a major expansion in 1872. Brick with plain
tiled roofs. A complex of buildings grouped around a
courtyard, with main range to Hanover Street: 2-storeyed
entrance block of three bays with arched entry to courtyard and
doorways inserted in former windows to ground floor, casement
windows above. Adjoining this to left a further range of five
bays, with single ring cambered heads to windows, renewed in
original openings. Two further bays beyond, a later addition.
These adjoin a small house, with central blocked doorway
flanked by windows now boarded, but with flat-arched stuccoed
heads. Other sides of courtyard occupied by a series of brick
buildings, with one long range to SE, built in two phases, of six
and seven bays. The kiln is housed within the courtyard - a wide
circular hovel, partly rendered over.
Listing NGR: SJ8805048007
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings