This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9867 / 52°59'12"N
Longitude: -2.1321 / 2°7'55"W
OS Eastings: 391226
OS Northings: 343272
OS Grid: SJ912432
Mapcode National: GBR MWR.ZV
Mapcode Global: WHBD1.66Y4
Entry Name: The Red House
Listing Date: 15 March 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1195826
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384375
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST3
County: City of Stoke-on-Trent
Electoral Ward/Division: Broadway and Longton East
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Longton St James and St John
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
STOKE ON TRENT
SJ94SW CHADWICK STREET, Longton
613-1/7/77 (South East side)
The Red House
House, now used as store. c1840. Brick with plain tiled roof.
2-storeyed 2-unit plan with central door with fanlight in
reeded architrave. 12-pane sash windows with flat-arched
stuccoed heads, and 16-pane sashes in hipped side wing. Plain
eaves, gable end stacks. The house once formed a small pottery
production unit, and was associated with the decorating kiln
now part of the Gladstone Pottery Works (qv.).
Listing NGR: SJ9122643272
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings