History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Church of St Bartholomew

A Grade II Listed Building in Baddeley, Milton and Norton, City of Stoke-on-Trent

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0605 / 53°3'37"N

Longitude: -2.1596 / 2°9'34"W

OS Eastings: 389403

OS Northings: 351481

OS Grid: SJ894514

Mapcode National: GBR 13S.0TY

Mapcode Global: WHBCM.SBTM

Entry Name: Church of St Bartholomew

Listing Date: 2 October 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1195835

English Heritage Legacy ID: 384462

Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST6

County: City of Stoke-on-Trent

Electoral Ward/Division: Baddeley, Milton and Norton

Built-Up Area: Stoke-on-Trent

Traditional County: Staffordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire

Church of England Parish: Norton-le-Moors St Bartholmew

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Endon

Listing Text


STOKE ON TRENT

SJ85SE NORTON LANE, Norton In The Moors
613-1/2/108 (West side)
02/10/51 Church of St Bartholomew

II

Parish Church. 1738 by Richard Trubshaw, the chancel and its
chapels rebuilt 1914 by JH Beckett. Brick with stone
dressings. West tower, nave and 2 aisles, chancel. West tower
of 2 stages with stone string courses, and angle pilasters
capped by ball finials above the parapet. Doorway with
segmentally-arched head and large voussoirs. Circular and
round-arched openings above. Blind windows in west walls of
aisles, which have stone quoins, plinths and cornice. Aisles
of 3 bays with brick aprons and stone sills to round-arched
windows. South aisle chapel probably added with chancel in
1914, with Palladian window in south wall. The north aisle
chapel has paired hipped roofed bays and was added in 1916.
Chancel also an addition, with Palladian east window with
stone apron and cross in pedimented east gable.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Staffordshire:
Harmondsworth).


Listing NGR: SJ8940351481

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.