This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.0851 / 53°5'6"N
Longitude: -0.8175 / 0°49'2"W
OS Eastings: 479302
OS Northings: 354860
OS Grid: SK793548
Mapcode National: GBR CLF.Q4F
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.DQZ8
Entry Name: Causeway Arches 650 Metres North West of Level Crossing
Listing Date: 19 May 1971
Last Amended: 13 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 384995
Location: Newark, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Newark
Built-Up Area: Factory, nr Newark-on-Trent
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWARK ON TRENT
SK75SE GREAT NORTH ROAD
619-1/3/144 (North East side)
19/05/71 Causeway arches 650M north west of
(Formerly Listed as:
GREAT NORTH ROAD
(North East side)
Causeway arches. 1770. South west side rebuilt during road
widening in 1922. Designed by John Smeaton. Brick with stone
coping. 15 semicircular arches with intermediate pilasters.
Coped parapet wall with ramped curved ends with round piers.
Part of a causeway carrying the Great North Road across the
flood plain of the Trent.
Listing NGR: SK7930254860
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings