This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7365 / 53°44'11"N
Longitude: -2.9607 / 2°57'38"W
OS Eastings: 336725
OS Northings: 427104
OS Grid: SD367271
Mapcode National: GBR 7TR7.T9
Mapcode Global: WH85P.HBCW
Entry Name: Former Methodist Chapel (Now Coupe Bradbury Solicitors)
Listing Date: 25 February 1991
Last Amended: 11 December 1997
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196397
English Heritage Legacy ID: 385235
Location: Fylde, Lancashire, FY8
Electoral Ward/Division: Clifton
Built-Up Area: Lytham St Anne's
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Lytham St John the Divine
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
LYTHAM ST ANNES, Lytham,
BATH STREET (West side),
Former Methodist Chapel (now Coupe Bradbury Solicitors)
(Formerly listed as Former Methodist Chapel (now Lytham Family Planning Clinic))
Methodist chapel, now solicitor's office. Dated 1846 on parapet; altered.
Red brick in Flemish bond, with sandstone dressings and slate
roof. Relatively small building on rectangular plan at
right-angles to street. Debased classical style.
Two storeys and 3 bays, symmetrical, with giant pilasters of
brick with stone capitals, a deep stone plinth, plain stone
frieze, moulded cornice, and brick parapet with central
upstand containing a rectangular stone plaque inscribed
The central bay has a square-headed doorway (up steps) with a
moulded architrave and modillioned cornice on consoles,
altered double doors and a 4-pane overlight; the slightly
narrower outer bays have 12-pane sashed windows with
architraves which have modillioned cornices and shallow
pediments. The upper floor has 4 small square windows with
stone architraves, those in the centre coupled.
The 3-bay side walls have 12-pane sashed windows at ground
floor with stone architraves linked by a prominent sill-band,
and smaller windows at 1st floor with altered glazing; and the
rear gable wall has a lean-to extension.
INTERIOR altered by partitioning.
HISTORY: their first Nonconformist chapel built in Lytham;
superseded by Park Street Chapel in 1868.
Forms group with Nos 2 to 10 opposite (q.v.), and Nos 1 and 3
to the right (q.v.).
Listing NGR: SD3672527104
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings