This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.0752 / 53°4'30"N
Longitude: -0.8148 / 0°48'53"W
OS Eastings: 479498
OS Northings: 353768
OS Grid: SK794537
Mapcode National: GBR CLM.BS5
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.GY7T
Entry Name: 23 and 23a, Millgate
Listing Date: 29 September 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196436
English Heritage Legacy ID: 385118
Location: Newark, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Newark
Built-Up Area: Newark-on-Trent
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWARK ON TRENT
619-1/7/266 (South East side)
29/09/50 Nos.23 & 23A
Formerly known as: National Farmers' Union offices.
House, now offices. c1780, with late C19 and C20 alterations.
Brick with stone dressings and pantile roof. Plinth, first
floor band, moulded wooden eaves, coped gables with kneelers,
2 gable and single side wall stacks. Windows are glazing bar
sashes with rubbed brick heads. 3 storeys; 5 window range.
L-plan. Front has 5 sashes and above, 5 smaller sashes. Below,
steps to central Classical style doorcase with Doric piers and
dentilled open pediment. Fielded 6-panel door and overlight.
On either side, 2 windows. Rear wing gable has symmetrical
fenestration with a central C20 9-pane window flanked by
single margin light and glazing bar sashes at a higher level.
Below, central C20 door with margin light sash to left and C20
window to right. Upper sashes and ground floor openings have
Listing NGR: SK7949853768
Other nearby listed buildings