This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.075 / 53°4'30"N
Longitude: -0.8157 / 0°48'56"W
OS Eastings: 479440
OS Northings: 353741
OS Grid: SK794537
Mapcode National: GBR CLM.BKP
Mapcode Global: WHFHH.FZT0
Entry Name: 34, Millgate
Listing Date: 13 August 1992
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196440
English Heritage Legacy ID: 385126
Location: Newark, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG24
District: Newark and Sherwood
Civil Parish: Newark
Built-Up Area: Newark-on-Trent
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Newark-upon-Trent with Coddington
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
NEWARK ON TRENT
619-1/7/274 (North West side)
Formerly known as: Duke of Wellington Inn.
Formerly known as: Lord Nelson Inn.
Former public house, now a shop, and adjoining outbuildings.
Late C16, altered late C18, enlarged and remodelled mid C19,
restored late C20. Used as a public house 1819-1935. Brick
with remains of internal timber framing and slate and pantile
roofs. 2 gable, single ridge and single side wall stacks. 2
storeys; 2 window range of glazing bar sashes. Below,
off-centre 2-panel door flanked by single glazing bar sashes,
all with segmental heads. Rear wing, to Huddlestone's Wharf,
has 2 renewed Yorkshire sashes. Adjoining 2 storey outbuilding
has to right a hatch and a loading door, and below, 2 garage
doors to the right and a door and a small casement to left.
Interior has a renewed stud wall with rubble plinth between
the 2 front rooms, and a C16 stud wall in the rear wing. Front
rooms have heavy cleft joists and span beams, that in the left
room cambered. Right room has an early C19 hob grate in a
plain stone surround.
Listing NGR: SK7944053741
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings