History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farm Buildings to North East of St Elvan Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Porthleven, Cornwall

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.1 / 50°5'59"N

Longitude: -5.3011 / 5°18'3"W

OS Eastings: 164024

OS Northings: 27428

OS Grid: SW640274

Mapcode National: GBR FX9F.0KZ

Mapcode Global: VH133.2RD7

Entry Name: Farm Buildings to North East of St Elvan Farmhouse

Listing Date: 22 May 1972

Last Amended: 9 February 1994

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1196479

English Heritage Legacy ID: 385579

Location: Porthleven, Cornwall, TR13

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Porthleven

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Porthleven

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Helston

Listing Text


HELSTON

SW6427 TORLEVEN ROAD
631-1/4/229 (East side)
22/05/72 Farm buildings to north-east of St
Elvan Farmhouse
(Formerly Listed as:
TORLEVEN ROAD
St Elvan Farmhouse and attached farm
buildings)

II

Large range of farm buildings. Feeding house (barn) 1845,
cattle house and piggery 1865, potato house 1882. Killas
rubble with granite dressings; grouted scantle slate roofs
except for corrugated asbestos to barn. Large evolved plan
ranged around 3 sides of a farmyard. Barn and extension
(probable potato house) 2 storeys, otherwise single storey.
Farmyard elevations from left: trap house with symmetrical
2-window front with 12-pane horizontal-sliding sashes and
central doorway; cart-shed and stable with pair of wide
doorways on the left and boarded window and doorway on the
right; 2-window barn with shuttered windows, central loading
doorway over waggon doorway flanked by slit ventilators (one
formerly wider) and 2 doorways; extension to barn has
1st-floor loading doorway and granite steps (with kennel) up
to doorway of right-hand return with slatehanging to 1st floor
over wide doorway; then a low shippon with 4 doorways, 2 of
which are blocked which returns to further shippon with 3
doorways, the widest doorway partly blocked, and 2 slit
ventilators and finally a piggery with 3 low doorways with 2
partly blocked. Ledged doors to most openings. Horse-engine
house at rear of barn not inspected. INTERIOR: original roof
structure where inspected.


Listing NGR: SW6402427428

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.