This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.5982 / 53°35'53"N
Longitude: -2.8298 / 2°49'47"W
OS Eastings: 345182
OS Northings: 411613
OS Grid: SD451116
Mapcode National: GBR 8VPT.5W
Mapcode Global: WH86B.HTQD
Entry Name: Leeds and Liverpool Canal Top Locks, Lower Lock (That Part in Burscough) top Locks, Lower Lock (That Part in Lathom)
Listing Date: 1 March 1993
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1196609
English Heritage Legacy ID: 386320
Location: Lathom, West Lancashire, Lancashire, L40
District: West Lancashire
Civil Parish: Lathom
Built-Up Area: Burscough
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Burscough Bridge St John
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SD41SE WHEAT LANE
663-1/3/82 (West side (off))
Top Locks, lower lock (that part in
Includes: Top Locks, lower lock (that part in Burscough CP)
LEEDS-LIVERPOOL CANAL BURSCOUGH.
Canal lock. 1781. Resident engineer Richard Owen. For the
Leeds-Liverpool Canal Company. Large dressed sandstone blocks,
wooden gates. Wooden footbridge over lower entrance, which has
convex curved cheeks. Overflow channel on west side. Forms one
of group of canal structures at Top Locks. Located on boundary
between Burscough CP and Lathom CP.
Listing NGR: SD4518211613
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings