History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farm Building to West of Boundary Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Newburgh, Lancashire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.5867 / 53°35'12"N

Longitude: -2.7748 / 2°46'29"W

OS Eastings: 348807

OS Northings: 410295

OS Grid: SD488102

Mapcode National: GBR 9V2Y.2Z

Mapcode Global: WH86K.B3XN

Entry Name: Farm Building to West of Boundary Farmhouse

Listing Date: 11 August 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1196613

English Heritage Legacy ID: 386325

Location: Newburgh, West Lancashire, Lancashire, WN8

County: Lancashire

District: West Lancashire

Civil Parish: Newburgh

Built-Up Area: Newburgh

Traditional County: Lancashire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire

Church of England Parish: Newburgh Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Liverpool

Find accommodation in
Appley Bridge

Listing Text


NEWBURGH

SD4810 ASH BROW
663-1/6/87 (North side)
11/08/72 Farm building to west of Boundary
Farmhouse

GV II

Farm building (probably stables etc.), now store. Dated 1739
above door; altered. Handmade red brick in Flemish bond, and
some sandstone rubble, stone slate roof (except left end which
is slate). Three structural bays, with a partition between the
2nd and 3rd, and a small rear wing. The front has a wide
segmental-headed doorway to the 2nd bay and a narrower one to
the 3rd, a datestone above this inscribed: T M 1739,
a segmental-headed window between the doors with wooden
louvres, and a segmental-headed 3-light sliding sashed window
to the right. The left gable wall has a doorway and a window
at ground floor and a loading door above, all
segmental-headed, and the upper part of has been rebuilt in
common brick. The rear of the 3rd bay has a small gabled wing
of sandstone rubble, and the rest of the rear has been
rebuilt.


Listing NGR: SD4880710295

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.