History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Congregational Church Including Railings

A Grade II Listed Building in Wymondham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5694 / 52°34'9"N

Longitude: 1.1155 / 1°6'55"E

OS Eastings: 611234

OS Northings: 301396

OS Grid: TG112013

Mapcode National: GBR TFG.T0Q

Mapcode Global: WHLSM.3PG4

Entry Name: Congregational Church Including Railings

Listing Date: 14 July 1972

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1196654

English Heritage Legacy ID: 386215

Location: Wymondham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR18

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

Civil Parish: Wymondham

Built-Up Area: Wymondham (South Norfolk)

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Wymondham

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Wymondham

Listing Text


WYMONDHAM

TG1101 THE FAIRLAND
655-1/11/144 (North side)
14/07/72 Congregational Church including
railings

GV II

Congregational Church, now United Reformed Church. 1715,
enlarged to north 1815. Facade 1877. Brick. Roof of black
glazed pantiles. 2 storeys externally. 3-bay facade under
pediment. Central round-arched doorway within square surround,
one sash either side and 3 to first floor. Pediment with
lunette. Plenty of machine-cut architectural decoration.
Returns with 4 sashes each floor, separated by a platband.
Southern portion of brick with burnt headers relating to 1715
build, north half of 1815. Gabled roof.
INTERIOR. Galleried on south, east and west sides, the gallery
on entactic unfluted columns. Gallery is plain panelled.
Flat-boarded roof. Under gallery in "aisles" are one chamfered
and tongue-stopped rafter each side, of 1715 vintage.
Immediately east is the church cemetery bounded to south by a
brick wall and to south and east by a low brick wall on which
stand a run of iron railings.


Listing NGR: TG1123401396

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.