History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Vicarage Including Attached Forecourt Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Wymondham, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.5717 / 52°34'17"N

Longitude: 1.1089 / 1°6'32"E

OS Eastings: 610777

OS Northings: 301632

OS Grid: TG107016

Mapcode National: GBR TFF.R6G

Mapcode Global: WHLSM.0MCC

Entry Name: The Vicarage Including Attached Forecourt Wall

Listing Date: 29 December 1950

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1196659

English Heritage Legacy ID: 386226

Location: Wymondham, South Norfolk, Norfolk, NR18

County: Norfolk

District: South Norfolk

Civil Parish: Wymondham

Built-Up Area: Wymondham (South Norfolk)

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Wymondham

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Wymondham

Listing Text


WYMONDHAM

TF1001 VICAR STREET
655-1/8/158 (East side)
29/12/50 No.5
The Vicarage including attached
forecourt wall

GV II

Vicarage. C16 origins, but now mainly C17 with C18 details.
Flint with brick. Roof of black glazed pantiles. South front
of 2 storeys and dormer attic in 3 bays. Central panelled door
with margin lights under a 6-vaned fanlight. Doorcase with a
pair of fluted engaged columns with fern capitals. Over door
is a tripartite sash with glazing bars. Flanking bays are
elaborated into bows, lit through sashes with glazing bars and
gauged skewback arches. Bell-based gabled roof with 2
flat-topped dormers added, lit through leaded casements. Ridge
stack left of centre and internal gable end stack to west,
external to east. 2 storey extension to west. Attached to
north-east is a 2 storey extension of c1910 of flint with
brick dressings. East side with an overhanging 3-bay window.
Hipped roof. North (entrance) side also of 2 storeys and
dormer attic, with a hipped outshut to ground floor.
INTERIOR. South-east ground floor room with mid C18
large-frame panelling and a re-used tie beam with sunk
quadrant mouldings and double jewel stops. East side of
kitchen (at west end) has 2 late C17 two-panel doors. Stick
baluster staircase with ramped and wreathed handrail in
circular stair well. Extending north and south along Vicar
Street is attached forecourt wall of flint and brick. Gate
pier to north. In southern section are a pair of square
section gault brick gate piers enclosing a re-used
wave-moulded stone arch in which is set a plank and muntin
timber door.


Listing NGR: TG1077701632

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.